June 20, 2014
San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital
**Please note this positions site location has yet to be determined. The site will be either Redlands Community Hospital OR San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital**
The Hospitalist physician:
- Examines, assesses, diagnoses and treats the inpatients that are the responsibility of Beaver Medical Group.
- Accepts admissions from the Emergency Room, from BMG offices, from the Extended Care Center, and accepts transfers from other facilities.
- Prescribes medications, and treatment regimens appropriate for assessed medical conditions.
- Consults with and refers to specialists as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Responds to calls from the medical and surgical floors, and the ICU for Beaver Medical Group patients. Is not primarily responsible for ICU patients, who are generally followed by other intensivists.
- Follows established Redlands Community Hospital and Beaver Medical Group policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Communicates directly and effectively with colleagues, primary care physicians, and transferring physicians to effect successful transfer of care with particular attention to weekends and holidays.
- Covers ER backup patients when they are a BMG responsibility.
- Provides direct supervision of physician extenders that may be used in the hospital setting. Co-manages patients with the extender, including assigning the panel for which the extender is predominantly responsible, assessing the extenders work, and daily visits of shared patients.
- Will follow care guidelines in the hospital in the form of standardized hospital order sets and/or hospitalist manual.
- Will discharge patients when medically appropriate and utilize hospital case management and ancillary personnel to do this as efficiently as possible.
- Reports to director of hospital care (not yet assigned) and the Medical Director of BMG.
- Participates in committee activities relevant to hospitalist care.
- Perform H & P for BMG Psychiatric Admissions.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- California License
- ACLS certified
- BLS Certified
- Board Certified, Board Eligible considered if within 5 years of residency completion
- Experience preferred, will consider new graduates